Microsoft Surface Go Specs – Full Technical Specifications
Meet the new Microsoft Surface Go, the smallest and most affordable Surface yet comes with the 7th Gen Intel Pentium Gold and up to 9 hours of battery life.
The Surface Go is slightly smaller and lighter than the Surface 3. It features a 10-inch PixelSense display with a higher resolution of 1800 x 1200 with pixels density of 217 PPI. The device shared many great features from its big brother, The new Surface Pro, including the new 165° full friction kickstand, Windows Hello support, Surface Connect port, LTE option, and more rounded edge design.
The new Surface Go also comes along with a USB-C 3.1 port for data transfers, display out, and alternate charging solution. It also runs on a 7-Gen Intel Pentium Gold processor which is a significant jump up from the Intel Cherry Trail Atom processor in the Surface 3.
- Surface Go Full Specifications
- Processor Specifications
- Graphics Specifications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Introducing Surface Go Video
- Surface Go Engineering Video
- All Surface Specifications
|Introduced||July 10, 2018|
|Pre-ordered||July 10, 2018|
|Released||Auguest 2, 2018|
|Pricing||Surface Go for Consumer|
• $399 - 4 GB | 64 GB | W10 S-mode
• $549 - 8 GB | 128 GB | W10 S-mode
Surface Go for Comercial
• $449 - 4 GB | 64 GB | W10 Pro
• $599 - 8 GB | 128 GB | W10 Pro
|Pre-Installed OS||For Consumer Windows 10 in S-mode|
For Commercial Windows 10 Pro
|Built-in Apps||Microsoft Office 365 Home 30-days trial|
|Resolution||1800 x 1200 (217 PPI), 2.1M Pixels|
|Technology||• PixelSense™ Display|
• Aspect ratio: 3:2
• Contrast ratio: 1500:1
• Touch: 10 points multi-touch
• Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
|CPU||7th Gen Intel® Pentium® Gold 4415Y|
2 cores, 4 threads, 2MB SmartCache, 1.60 GHz
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 615|
4 GB 8 GB1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
64 GB eMMC128GB | 256GB SSD
|Network||• Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compatible|
• Bluetooth Wireless 4.1 technology
• Optional LTE
|Battery Life||Up to 9 hours of video playback|
|Power Supply||24W power supply|
|Dimensions||9.6 x 6.9 x 0.33 inches (245 mm x 175 mm x 8.3 mm)|
|Weight||Tablet Only 1.15 lbs (522 g)|
With Keyboard 1.7 lbs (771 g)
|Casing||• Mechanical features: Magnesium body|
• Kickstand with full-friction multiposition hinge to 165 degrees
• Magnetic attach for keyboard fold stability
• Physical buttons: volumes, power
|Keyboard and Trackpad||• Precision trackpad: 101 mm x 56 mm, glass.|
• Five-finger multitouch gesture
• Full-size mechanical backlit keyset with 1 mm of key travel.
|Ports||• 1 x USB type-C (version 3.1 Gen 1 with USB Power Delivery revision 3.0)|
• 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack
• 1 x Surface Connect (Compatible with Surface Dock)
• 1 x MicroSDXC card reader (up to 1TB)
• 1 x Cover port
|Camera & Audio|
|Camera||• Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)|
• 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video
• 8.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD video
|Audio||• Single microphone|
• 2W Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio™ Premium
|Sensors||• Ambient light sensor|
|Surface Pen||• 4096 levels of pressure|
• Tilt sensing
|Surface Dial||Compatible with Surface Dial off-screen interaction|
|Security||• HW TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security|
• Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
|In the box||• Surface Go|
• Power supply
• Quick Start Guide
• Safety and warranty documents
|Warranty||One-year limited hardware warranty|
|Processor||7th Gen Intel® Pentium® Processor 4415Y|
|Base Frequency||1.60 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||Not Supported|
|Level 1 Cache||128 KB|
|Level 2 Cache||512 KB|
|Level 3 Cache||2 MB SmartCache|
|# of Cores||2|
|# of Threads||4|
|Bus Speed||4 GT/s OPI|
|Max Memory Support||16 GB|
|Max Memory Bandwidth||29.8 GB/s|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 615|
|Base Frequency||300 MHz|
|Max Dynamic Frequency||850 MHz|
|Graphics Max Memory||16 GB|
|Graphics 4K Support||Yes, at 60Hz|
|# Display Supported||3|
Intel® Quick Sync Video
Intel® Clear Video HD TechnologyIntel® Clear Video Technology
Here are all frequently asked questions about Surface Go:
- Can you upgrade RAM on Surface Go?
- Can you upgrade SSD on Surface Go?
- Does Surface Go have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Go have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Go have headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Go have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Go have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Go have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Go support eGPU (External GPU)?
- Does Surface Go support Face ID?
- Does Surface Go support Wi-Fi 6?
- Is Surface Go fanless?
- Is Surface Go keyboard backlit?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Go?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Go?
All Surface Specifications
More Surface Go Resources
Make sure to check out our tips and tricks for Microsoft Surface Go here:
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.