How to Enable Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound on Microsoft Surface Go
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to install Dolby Access app and enable Dolby Atmos spatial sound on Microsoft Surface Go.
Microsoft Surface Go is the smallest Surface tablet with a pixel sense display and stereo speakers great for media consumption and get the job done on the go. However, It doesn’t officially support Dolby Atmos which is a spatial sound technology to brings the same immersive 3D audio you experience in the movie theater to a pair of headset or speakers.
With the stereo front-firing speakers and the ability to manually enabling by yourself with the Dolby Access app, you can experience better-surrounded sound for your music, movie, and games with your Surface Go internal speakers or any headphones. In this article, we will show you how to install, enable, and customize Dobly Atmos on Microsoft Surface Go.
How to Enable Dolby Atmos on Microsoft Surface Go
To turn on Dolby Atmos surround sound on Microsoft Surface Go:
- Install the Dolby Access app.
Go to Microsoft Store and search for Dolby Access, or you can download the Dolby Access app here.
- Right-click on the Speakers icon on the taskbar.
- Go to the Spatial sound (Off) > Dolby Atmos for Headphones
- To verify, right-click on the Speakers again and make sure you see the Spatial sound (Dolby Atmos for Headphones) in the menu.
The above methods work on both internal speakers and connected headphones. You can notice the difference by turn on/off the feature while you’re playing music, movie, or game, and especially when you watching movies engineered with Dolby Atmos format.
How to Customize Dolby Atmos Surround Sound Experience
To customize the Dolby Atmos spatial sound experience to your specific scenario:
- Open the Dolby Access app from the Start menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose your specific Scenario and Intelligent Equalizer level. Click the Enable button to apply.
More on Surface Go Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips about Microsoft Surface Go, visit the following resources:
- How to Check Your Surface Warranty Status
- How To Boot Surface Go 1-3 From A USB Drive
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Go screen brightness
- Here’s how to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Go
- Surface Go USB-C Charging: We tested 3 USB-C PD chargers for comparison
- Ultimate Tips and Tricks for Mastering Microsoft Surface Go