The New Surface Pro 5 (2017) Specs – Full Technical Specifications
Meet the new Surface Pro (2017), the most versatile laptop Microsoft’s ever built. It now comes with the more powerful Intel Kaby Lake processors and battery life is up to 13.5 hours.
|Pricing||Starting at 799$|
|Dimensions||11.50” x 7.9” x 0.33” (292 mm x 201 mm x 8.5 mm)
Width: 11.50” (292 mm)
Height: 7.9” (201 mm)
Thickness: 0.33” (8.5 mm)
|Keyboard and Trackpad|
4GB 8GB 16GB
1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
128 GB256 GB512 GB1 TB
PCIe NVMe SSD
|Battery Life||Up to 13.5 hours of video playback|
|OS||Windows 10 Pro (Creators Update)|
|Built-in Apps||Microsoft Office 365 30-days trial|
|Camera & Audio|
|Inking||Supports Surface Pen
4096 levels of pressure
Best in class latency
|In the box|
Popular Comparisons for Surface Pro (5th Gen)
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for Surface Pro (5th Gen):
|Processor||Intel Core m3-7Y30||Intel Core i5-7300U||Intel Core i7-7660U|
|Base Frequency||1.00 GHz||2.60 GHz||2.50 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||2.60 GHz||3.50 GHz||4.00 GHz|
|TDP||4.5 watt||15 watt|
|Level 1 Cache||128 KB|
|Level 2 Cache||512 KB|
|Level 3 Cache||4 MB||3 MB SmartCache||4 MB|
|Max Memory Size||16 GB||32 GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphic 615||Intel HD Graphic 620||Intel Iris Plus Graphic 640|
|Graphics Frequency||300 – 900 MHz||300 – 1100 MHz||300 – 1100 MHz|
|Graphics Max Memory||16 GB||32 GB|
|Graphics 4K Support||Yes, at 60Hz|
|# Display Supported||3|
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are all frequently asked questions about Surface Pro 5:
- Can you charge Surface Pro 5 via USB?
- Can you upgrade RAM on Surface Pro 5?
- Can you upgrade SSD on Surface Pro 5?
- Here’s how to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Pro 5th Gen
- Does Surface Pro 5 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have Headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Pro 5 support Face Unlock?
- Does Surface Pro 5 support WiFi 6?
- How to properly shut down a Surface Pro 5?
- Is Surface Pro 5 fanless?
- Is Surface Pro 5 keyboard backlit?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Pro 5?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Pro 5?
Basic Tips & Tricks
- How to take a screenshot on Surface Pro (2017)
- How to access the Surface Pro (2017)’s battery report
- How to download Surface Pro (2017) recovery image
- How to download and install Surface Pro (2017) drivers and firmware updates
- Surface Pro (2017) battery capacity in mAh & Wh
- How to check your Surface Pro (2017) battery’s manufacturer
Advanced Tips & Tricks
- How to configure Surface Pro (2017) UEFI/BIOS settings
- How to unlock power plans on Surface Pro (2017)
- Ultimate tips to max out your Surface Pro (2017) battery life
- How to set custom screen resolutions on Surface Pro (2017)
Surface Pro (2017) Accessories
- Best accessories for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best cases and covers for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best bags for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best car chargers for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best USB hubs for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best portable external power packs for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best wireless mice for Surface Pro (2017)
- Best gaming controllers for Surface Pro (2017)
- Active Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
- Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter
- Active Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable
Surface Pro (2017) Quick Links
Surface Quick Links
Meet the new Surface Pro, the most versatile laptop we’ve ever built. We took everything our customers love and made it better. Completely redesigned from the inside out with all-new custom parts, the new Surface Pro delivers more battery power, more performance and a superior display.
The new Surface Pro’s battery life is now up to 13.5 hours, and it has a stunning 12.3” PixelSense™ Display. Not only is it faster and more powerful, the new Surface Pro is the quietest Surface we’ve ever made with its fanless design. The new Surface Pro keeps up while you work, study, create and relax all day. And with the Surface Pro Signature Type Cover and the new Surface Pen, it allows people to type like they are on a laptop and draw like they do on paper. All this, and the new Surface Pro weighs less than the bag it will be carried in.