How to connect a Surface Mobile Mouse to your computer
Having a new Surface Mobile Mouse and getting stuck on how to connect it your Surface or computer? Here we have an easy and detail guide on how to do that.
The Surface Mobile Mouse is the latest and the most affordable modern mouse ever created by Microsoft. It was introduced at the same as the launch of Microsoft Surface Go on July 10, 2018. It’s light, portable, and available in three rich colors including Burgundy, Platinum, and Cobalt Blue. It’s a perfect companion for any mobile computing including the Microsoft Surface Go, Pro, Laptop, Book, or any other laptops.
This mouse uses the Bluetooth low energy version 4.0/4.1 to connect to your laptops or desktops. So make sure your computer has a built-in Bluetooth module or a Bluetooth adapter version 4.0 or later. Read on to see how to connect your Surface Mobile Mouse to your computer.
Note All Surface devices including Surface RT are equipped with a Bluetooth module that supports Bluetooth low energy version 4.0. So the Surface Mobile Mouse can be connected to any Surface devices you have.
- Connecting Surface Mobile Mouse via Swift Pair Feature
- Connecting Surface Mobile Mouse via Bluetooth Setting
Connecting Surface Mobile Mouse via Swift Pair Feature
The Bluetooth Swift Pair is a new feature available in Windows 10 (version 1803 or later) and latest Bluetooth peripherals. This feature allows the user to quick and easy connecting supported closed by Bluetooth peripherals via a simple actionable notification. As the Surface Mobile Mouse also support this feature, so you should know how to use this feature:
Step 1: Entering Pairing Mode
- First, make sure your computer supports Bluetooth LE 4.0 and Windows 10 (version 1803 or later).
- On Surface Mobile Mouse, make sure you’ve turned it on by pressing the Bluetooth button under the mouse. The LED light will turn on accordingly.
- Now press and hold the Bluetooth button for three to five seconds. The LED light under the mouse will blink slowly until it gets paired.
Step 2: Accepting the Connection Request on your Computer
- Place the Surface Mobile Mouse near your PC.
- In a few seconds, Windows will show you a notification.
- Click the Connect button to start the pairing process.
- It will pop up a message to let you know after it’s successfully connecting your Surface Mobile Mouse.
Connecting Surface Mobile Mouse via Bluetooth Setting
If the first option doesn’t work well for you, you can try to connect with the traditional pairing methods in Bluetooth Settings. To do so.
- Put your Surface Mobile Mouse in Pairing Mode by follows the steps above.
- On your computer, press or click the Action Center icon, press and hold or right-click the Bluetooth button, Select Go to Settings
- Click “Add Bluetooth or other device”
- Select Bluetooth
- Select “Surface Mobile Mouse”
- Click Done
You can now use your Surface Mobile Mouse on your Windows 10 PC. If you have any questions or problems with the procedures detailed in this tutorial, please leave a comment below.
Our top picks for Surface Mobile Mouse
Here are some of our favorite accessories for Microsoft Surface Mobile Mouse you might want to check out:
The Surface Mobile Mouse is a perfect companion mouse for every Surface users who want an affordable and ultra-slim mouse for their mobile computing. It offers the latest technologies from Microsoft including a new metallic scroll wheel and Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center capability for advanced configurations.
If you’re tired of buying new replacement batteries for your accessories, you might want to pick up this rechargeable battery charger from Energizer. It can charge both AA and AAA batteries up to four batteries at the same time. With its neat indicator system, it can visually and audibly let you know about the battery charging status.
When you choose to use rechargeable batteries, you’d better looking for high capacity ones with a long lifespan. This rechargeable AAA battery from EBL has a high capacity of 1,000 mAh up to 1,100 mAh and can be recharged up to 1200 times. It also has a low self-discharge that it still maintains 80% of capacity after 3 years of unused.
Latest Surface Mobile Mouse Tips & Tricks
Here is all related Surface Mobile Mouse tips & tricks topic you might want to know:
How to configure Surface Mobile Mouse with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
Do you want to tweak your Surface Mobile Mouse for a better experience? Here is how to configure or assign Surface Mobile Mouse's DPI value settings, left click, right click, wheel button click, and scrolling behavior.
How to replace Microsoft Surface Mobile Mouse Batteries
Don't know how to install or replace the batteries on the Surface Mobile Mouse? Check out here to see how to do that with easy to follow instructions.
Surface Mobile Mouse Specs – Full Technical Specifications
The perfect companion for Microsoft Surface Go. It is light and portable. The metal scroll wheel feels solid under your finger and available in 3 rich colors.