How to Enable or Disable Auto Screen Brightness on Microsoft Surface?
In this tip, we will show you how to enable or disable automatic screen brightness on your Surface Go, Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Laptop, and Surface Studio.
Welcome to Quick Tips, a series where we cover every little thing about Microsoft Surface and Its Accessories-related topics with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide.
How to turn on or off automatically screen brightness on Microsoft Surface?
All Microsoft Surface devices come with an ambient light sensor for detecting your current environment brightness in order to adjust the Surface screen brightness to an optimal brightness automatically. In case you want to turn on or turn off this feature:
- Go to Start > Settings.
First, you need to access Windows Settings by going to Start and click the Gear icon (or by using Win + I shortcut key).
- Go to System.
In Windows Settings, select “System“.
- Go to Display.
- Toggle the “Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” switch to “On” or “Off” to enable or disable auto screen brightness on your Surface.
More Quick Tips and Tricks
For more quick tutorials about Microsoft Surface devices, visit the following resources:
- How to Check Surface Pen Battery, Serial Number, and Firmware Version?
- How to Check Surface Warranty Information with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Check Bluetooth Headphone’s Battery Status on Surface?
- How to Disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse
- How to Force an App or Game to Use Discrete Graphics on Microsoft Surface Book?
- How to Check Surface Battery Health with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Check Surface Mobile Mouse Battery and Serial Number?
- How to Check Surface Key Specifications with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to properly shut down a Surface Laptop 4
- How to Check Surface Dock Firmware Version?