How to Check Surface Key Specifications with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
Want a nice short summary report on your Surface's key specifications, the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit from Microsoft lets you do it in simple steps.
Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is an exclusive tool to guides you through a set of software repairs and hardware diagnostics to quickly and efficiently uncover and resolve issues you are experiencing on your supported Surface devices. On top of that, it also lets you look up information about your device, repair common software issues, and validate your Surface hardware.
Today we will show you how to use the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit (SDT) to quickly identify your Surface’s serial number and all key specifications about your device in one quick summary report.
Welcome to Quick Tips, a series where we cover every little thing about Microsoft Surface and Its Accessories-related topics with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide.
How to Get Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
The Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is a free tool from Microsoft hosted on Microsoft Store. To get it:
- Download Surface Diagnostic Toolkit from Microsoft Store here.
- Or go to Microsoft Store.
- In the Search box, type “Surface Diagnostic Toolkit“.
- Click “Free” or “Install” to install the app on your device.
How to Check Surface Key Specifications
When the app is installed. To check your Surface’s system information:
- Launch the “Surface Diagnostic Toolkit“.
- Under the hamburger menu, select “System Information“.
- Now your Surface’s system information will show you all your device’s key specifications including your serial number, device model, Windows edition, OS build, OS architecture, BIOS version/date, processor, storage size, installed RAM, GPU, screen resolution, current user, and domain.
More on Surface Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips about Microsoft Surface, visit the following resources:
- How to Unlock Power Plans on Surface Devices
- Microsoft Surface display size and resolution – a complete list
- How to replace Microsoft Surface Mobile Mouse Batteries
- How to connect a Surface Arc Mouse to your Computer
- How to Use Your Surface PC as a Portable Display
- How to connect the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse to your Computer
- How to Claim Surface Exclusive Offers on Microsoft Surface
- How to configure Surface Mobile Mouse with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
- How to replace Surface Arc Mouse Batteries
- How to Reset Your Surface Using USB Recovery Drive