How to Check Surface Warranty Information with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
Want a nice short summary report about your Surface's warranty information, the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit from Microsoft lets you do it in simple steps.
Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is an exclusive tool to guides you through a set of software repairs and hardware diagnostics to quickly and efficiently uncover and resolve issues you are experiencing on your supported Surface devices. On top of that, it also lets you look up information about your device, repair common software issues, and validate your Surface hardware.
Today we will show you how to use the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit (SDT) to check your Surface’s warranty information including registration date and hardware warranty expiration date.
Welcome to Quick Tips, a series where we cover every little thing about Microsoft Surface and Its Accessories-related topics with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide.
How to Get Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
The Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is a free tool from Microsoft hosted on Microsoft Store. To get it:
- Download Surface Diagnostic Toolkit from Microsoft Store here.
- Or go to Microsoft Store.
- In the Search box, type “Surface Diagnostic Toolkit“.
- Click “Free” or “Install” to install the app on your device.
How to Check Your Surface Warranty Registration and Expiry Date
When the app is installed. To check your Surface warranty information:
- Launch the “Surface Diagnostic Toolkit“.
- Under the hamburger menu, select “Surface warranty“.
- Now your Surface battery information will be shown as below.
More on Surface Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips about Microsoft Surface, visit the following resources:
- How to Use Your Surface PC as a Portable Display
- How to check your Surface warranty status – the quick and easy way
- How to Claim Surface Exclusive Offers on Microsoft Surface
- How to disable Intel Turbo Boost on Microsoft Surface with powercfg command
- How to replace Surface Arc Mouse Batteries
- Download Microsoft Surface Drivers and Firmware
- Ultimate Tips to Max Out Microsoft Surface Battery Life
- How to connect a Surface Arc Mouse to your Computer
- How to configure Surface Arc Mouse with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
- How to enable Hibernation support on Microsoft Surface