How to configure Surface Arc Mouse with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
Does Surface Arc Mouse work well for you? Here is how to configure or assign Surface Arc Mouse's DPI value settings, left click, right click, three finger click, and scrolling behavior.
One of the great features of Surface Arc Mouse is its design and portability. It’s really slim, lightweight, and take up a very little space that you can slide easily into a sleeve or a bag with your laptop. However, there is one more thing that most people didn’t know about is its advanced configurations that you can do with Surface Arc Mouse.
Microsoft has a tool called “Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center” for unlocking and configuring advanced features on some mice and keyboards that made by Microsoft. Those mice also include the Surface Arc Mouse. And, today we will walk you through how to configure and remap the left click, right click, three fingers click, scrolling behavior, and DPI settings on Surface Arc Mouse.
- How to configure Surface Arc Mouse with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
- How to remap left button on Surface Arc Mouse
- How to remap right button on Surface Arc Mouse
- How to enable “Three Fingers click” on Surface Arc Mouse
- How to configure scroll speed on Surface Arc Mouse
- How to configure DPI settings on Surface Arc Mouse
- How to restore default settings on Surface Arc Mouse
In order to configure Surface Arc Mouse, make sure you’ve done the following requirements.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center on your computer. Check out here on how to download and install the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- Make sure you have successfully connected Surface Arc Mouse to your computer. Check out here on how to connect a Surface Arc Mouse to your computer.
- Now you can proceed to open the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center from the start menu. If everything going well, you will see the Surface Arc Mouse configurations interface as below:
Now you’re are good to go. Read on to see what you can do with your Surface Arc Mouse.
One of the basic and important features is the ability to swap between the left and right click. And you can do that with Surface Arc Mouse. To remap the left button click action on Surface Arc Mouse :
- On the main configuration page, select Left click.
- You’ll be directed to the Left click configuration page with the following options.
On the “Left click” settings page, you can remap the left button click into:
- Click (default) – keep the default click action.
- Right-click – change it into a right-click action for those who are left-handed people.
For the same reason, you can also swap the right-click into the left-click on Surface Arc Mouse. To remap the right button click action on Surface Arc Mouse:
- On the main configuration page, select Right click.
- You’ll be directed to the Right click configuration page with the following options.
On the “Right click” settings page, you can remap the right button click into:
- Right-click (default) – keep the default right-click action.
- Click – change it into a left-click action for those who are left-handed people.
This is the feature that is disabled by default unless you manually enable it via the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. To assign an action to the three fingers click on Surface Arc Mouse:
- On the configuration page, select Three finger click.
- You’ll be directed to the Three finger click configuration page with the following options.
There are 4 different types of action you can assign for the “three fingers click” on Surface Arc Mouse:
- Option 1: Disable this button (default) – Turn off this feature.
- Option 2: Middle-click – Turn the three finger click into a middle-click (aka. scroll wheel click).
- Option 3: Key Combination – It will allow you to manually specify a key combination interface as below:
- Option 4: View all commands: it will allow you to map the Three finger click into one of the following commands:
Here are all preset commands that available for assigning.
- Windows commands
- Task View
- Add new desktop
- Previous Desktop
- Next Desktop
- Close Desktop
- Snap Windows Left
- Snap Windows Right
- Snap Windows Up
- Snap Windows Down
- Open Action Center
- Open Cortana
- Show/Hide App Commands
- Go to Windows Start
- Exit Program
- Show/Hide Desktop
- Next Window
- Previous Window
- Browser Commands
- Browser Back
- Browser Forward
- Content Commands
- Copy (Ctrl+C)
- Cut (Ctrl+X)
- Paste (Ctrl+V)
- Undo (Ctrl+Z)
- Redo (Ctrl+Y)
- Page Up
- Page Down
- Print Screen
- Document commands
- Key commands
You can also customize the scrolling behavior of Surface Arc Mouse as well in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. To do so:
- On the configuration page, select Scroll Settings.
- You’ll be directed to the Scroll settings configuration page with the following options.
In this configuration page you can turn on/off and set a specific value for the following scrolling behaviors:
- Vertical Scrolling – Enable/disable the vertical scrolling (two fingers swipe up/down).
- Vertical Flick – Flicking your finger on the touch panel vertically makes vertical scrolling continue after you lift your finger. The faster you flick, the farther you will scroll.
- Flip Vertical Scrolling Direction – Reverse the direction of vertical scrolling.
- Horizontal Scrolling – Enable/disable the horizontal scrolling (two fingers swipe left/right)
- Horizontal Flick – Flicking your finger on the touch panel horizontally makes horizontal scrolling continue after you lift your finger. The faster you flick, the farther you will scroll.
- Flip Horizontal Scrolling Direction – Reverse the direction of horizontal scrolling.
- Scroll Sensitivity – Changing overall Scroll Sensitivity determines the amount of finger movement required to activate scrolling. Select the sensitivity level that suits your scrolling style. There are three available sensitivities:
- Smooth Scroll Mode – Enable smooth scroll mode for a more controlled and smoother scrolling experience.
You can also specify a specific DPIs (dots per linear inch) value for Surface Arc Mouse to adapt to your specific preference and environment. To do so:
- On the main configuration page, select DPI Settings.
- You’ll be directed to the DPI Settings configuration page with the following options.
In this configuration page, you can indicate a value ranged from 400 to 1800. The setting will take effect immediately, so you can know which value will work well for you.
Have you messed up the settings and want to return all the settings back its default values? there is an option for that. To do so:
- After you have made any changes from the default settings, the main configuration will show up a new option called Restore Defaults which allows you to return all the settings you’ve made changes to its original value. Select the Restore Defaults.
- It will show up another two buttons, click Restore to restore all the default settings.
Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse is such a premium portable mouse from Microsoft which offer so many configuration options through the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center tool. Now you’ve known all the possibilities of the Surface Arc Mouse, and if you have any questions or problems with the procedures detailed in this tutorial, please leave a comment below.
Latest Surface Arc Mouse Tips & Tricks
Here are all related Surface Arc Mouse tips & tricks topic you might want to know:
How to replace Surface Arc Mouse Batteries
Don't know how to install or replace the batteries on the Surface Arc Mouse? Check out here to see how to do that with easy to follow instructions.
How to connect a Surface Arc Mouse to your Computer
Having a new Surface Arc Mouse and getting stuck on how to connect it your Surface or computer? Here we have an easy and detail guide on how to do that.
Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse
The perfect companion for your Surface, featuring a slim, light, and ready to travel. It comes with improvements including both scrolling directions and multiple colors. Introducing by Microsoft on May 2nd, 2017.
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.