Why do you need to properly shut down your [get-current-device]?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Go:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
Important Make sure you save all your works before you shut down your computer or you might lose your unsaved documents when you shut down your laptop.
To shut down your Surface Go via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Go via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Note If you want to go back without shutting down your device, press any key or just slide the lock screen up to go back.
Here are some more related Surface Go questions:
- Which Surface Go Model Do I Have?
- Does Surface Go Support Dolby Atmos?
- What is the weight of Surface Go with and without keyboard?
- Does Surface Go have Thunderbolt 3 port?
- Is Surface Go fanless?
- Does Surface Go support Wi-Fi 6?
- Does Surface Go have USB-A port?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Go?
- Does Surface Go have USB-C port?
- Is Surface Go keyboard backlit?
More on Surface Go
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “How to properly shut down a Surface Go?”.