How long will Microsoft support Surface Laptop 4?
According to Surface lifecycle documentation, Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 will reach the end of its driver and firmware updates on April 15, 2025. The company promises to support all Surface devices starting from its release date for at least four years.
|Device||Release Date||End of Servicing Date|
|Surface Laptop 4||April 15, 2022||April 15, 2025|
After the end of servicing date, Surface Laptop 4 devices will continue to receive Windows OS feature and security updates as long as it meets minimum hardware requirements for any future Windows OS.
In some conditions, Microsoft will consider releasing additional updates if there are critical security issues for Surface Laptop 4 devices that can only fix through patching the firmware. For instance, the Surface Pro 5 came out in 2017, yet it remains supported until 2024.
When did Microsoft release the last drivers and firmware update for Surface Laptop 4?
Here are the last three drivers and firmware updates for Microsoft Surface Laptop 4:
- Can you add RAM to Surface Laptop 4?
- Can you charge Surface Laptop 4 via USB-C?
- Can you upgrade Surface Laptop 4 SSD?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have Face Unlock?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have headphone jack?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have Thunderbolt port?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have USB-A port?
More on Surface Laptop 4
Here are all the recent related articles you might want to check out:
- Best Surface Laptop 1-5 Cases and Sleeves in 2023
- How to Enable Battery Limit Feature on Microsoft Surface
- How to Properly Shut Down a Surface Laptop
- How to Download Surface Laptop 3 and Laptop 4 Service Manual
- How to Manually Download and Install Surface Laptop 4 Drivers and Firmware
- How to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “How long will the Surface Laptop 4 be supported?”.