Does Microsoft Surface Pro X support external Graphics (eGPU)?
No, it doesn’t! Currently, all standard external graphics processing units require Thunderbolt 3 technology to provide enough bandwidth (up to 40Gbps) for transferring graphics data between the laptop and the external GPU (eGPU). Unfortunately, Microsoft Surface Pro X has only USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 that has a maximum bandwidth of 10Gbps.
For more information, check out the full Surface Pro X specifications here.
Here are the latest related questions:
- Can you charge Surface Pro X via USB-C?
- Can you upgrade RAM on Microsoft Surface Pro X?
- Can you upgrade Surface Pro X SSD?
- Does Surface Pro X have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Pro X have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Pro X have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Pro X have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Pro X have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Pro X support Face Unlock?
- How long will the Surface Pro X be supported?
More on Surface Pro X
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out: