How to Check Surface Pen Battery, Serial Number, and Firmware Version?
In this quick tutorial, we will show you how to check the Surface Pen battery, serial number, and firmware version via Windows Settings and Surface App.
Welcome to Quick Tips, a series where we cover every little thing about Microsoft Surface and Its Accessories related topics with an easy to follow step-by-step guide.
How to check Microsoft Surface Pen battery, serial number, and firmware version?
There are two methods to check Microsoft Surface Pen battery percentage on your Surface devices.
Method 1: Check Surface Pen Battery via the Settings app
In recent Windows 10 updates, Microsoft lets you check your connected Bluetooth device’s battery right from the Settings app. To do so:
- Pair or Connect Surface Pen to Your Surface
Make sure your Microsoft Surface Pen is already paired and connected to your Surface.
- Open Windows Settings
First, you need to access Windows Settings by going to Start and click the Gear icon (or by using Win + I shortcut key).
- Go to Devices
In Windows Settings, select “Devices“.
- Go to the Bluetooth & other devices
Under the “Mouse, keyboard, & pen” section, you will see the battery percentage of the Surface Pen.
Method 2: Check Surface Pen Serial Number, Firmware Version, and Battery via the Surface app
Another way to check the Surface Pen battery, as well as its serial number and firmware version, is by using the Surface app. To do so:
- Open the Surface app.
In case you can’t find the app, you can download the Surface app from Microsoft Store.
- Go to the Accessories page.
- Under the Bluetooth accessories section, it will show you the remaining battery percentage, firmware version, and Serial number for your connected Surface Pen.
More Quick Tips and Tricks
For more quick tutorials about Microsoft Surface devices, visit the following resources:
- How to Disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse
- How to Force an App or Game to Use Discrete Graphics on Microsoft Surface Book?
- How to Check Surface Warranty Information with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Check Surface Battery Health with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Check Bluetooth Headphone’s Battery Status on Surface?
- How to properly shut down a Surface Laptop 4
- How to Check Surface Mobile Mouse Battery and Serial Number?
- How to Enable or Disable Auto Screen Brightness on Microsoft Surface?
- How to Check Surface Key Specifications with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Check Surface Dock Firmware Version?
More Surface Pen Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips about Microsoft Surface Pen, visit the following resources:
How to Connect or Pair Microsoft Surface Pen
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to pair or connect Microsoft Surface Pen to your Surface PC.
How to troubleshoot Surface 3 Pen or Surface Pro 3 Pen
Do you have any issues with your Surface Pen shipped with Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3? Here we have collected all issues and solutions you can use to troubleshoot your Surface Pen yourself.
How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Surface
Are you getting stuck to take a screenshot on your Surface device? Check out our 4 best methods you can take screenshots on your Microsoft Surface, Surface Pro, and Surface Book.