Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Pro 5?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Pro 5:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
To shut down your Surface Pro 5 via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Pro 5 via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Here are some more related Surface Pro 5 questions:
- When Did the Surface Pro 5 Come Out?
- What is the weight of Surface Pro 5 with and without keyboard?
- Is Surface Pro 5 fanless?
- Does Surface Pro 5 support WiFi 6?
- Is Surface Pro 5 keyboard backlit?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Pro 5 support Face Unlock?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have Headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Pro 5 have SD Card Slot?
More on Surface Pro 5
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out: