Microsoft rolled out April 2019 firmware updates for Surface Pro 6
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Pro 6 devices to improve system stability and performance.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 6. The latest update is available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Version 1803 or later:
The new firmware update will improve system stability and performance. The update is listed as an “April 4 release” on the Surface Pro 6 Update History page.
- Changelog for April 04, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for April 04, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Intel Corporation – Display – 22.214.171.12494||Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 – Display adapters
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 640 – Display adapters
126.96.36.19994 improves system stability and performance.
|Intel Corporation –Extension – 188.8.131.5293||Intel(R) HD Graphics extension sub-component
184.108.40.20693 improves system stability and performance.
|Surface – Firmware – 239.3001.139.0||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware
239.3001.139.0 improves battery stability and Type Cover connectivity scenarios.
|Surface – System – 220.127.116.11||Surface Display Color – System devices
18.104.22.168 improves and resolves Display color.
|Surface – System – 22.214.171.124||Surface Serial Hub Driver – System devices
126.96.36.199 improves system stability and performance.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 6 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 6 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 6 Update History
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- Improve camera performance, battery life while using an SD Card, and performance when resuming from sleep.View
- Improve system stability and performance.