Surface Pro 6 September 2020 update is now live
Microsoft is now rolling out the September update to Surface Pro 6 devices to improves device stability during hibernate.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 6. The new update is available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Version 1903, or later.
The new firmware update will improves device stability during hibernate. The update is listed as a “September 15 release” on the Surface Pro 6 Update History page.
- Changelog for September 15, 2020 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 15, 2020 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Surface – Firmware – 235.3261.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware||235.3261.768.0
Improves device stability during hibernate.
|Surface – Firmware – 241.304.139.0||Surface System Aggregator -Firmware||241.304.139.0
*Improves battery Smart Charging reliability.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 6 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 6 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 6 Update History
- Improves device stability during hibernate.
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- Improve camera performance, battery life while using an SD Card, and performance when resuming from sleep.View