Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 6. The new update is available for Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Version 20H1, or later.
The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “February 28 release” on the Surface Pro 6 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for February 28, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for February 28, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 237.3982.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.1187||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Intel – System – 218.104.22.1685||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 6 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 6 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 6 Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- Improve camera performance, battery life while using an SD Card, and performance when resuming from sleep.View