Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 6. The latest update is available as a “Gradual Roll-out” for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Version 1903 or later:
The new firmware update will resolve an issue where the CPU will throttle down to 0.4GHz, and improves battery stability. The update is listed as a “November 15 release” on the Surface Pro 6 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for November 15, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 15, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.17015.112||Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth
15.68.17015.112 improves Bluetooth connectivity.
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.17015.112||Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters
15.68.17015.112 resolves the Wi-Fi connectivity issue.
|Surface – HIDClass – 22.214.171.124||Surface Tcon Device – Human Interface Devices
126.96.36.199 improves system bugcheck performance.
|Surface – Firmware – 241.6.139.0||Surface System Aggregator
241.6.139.0 resolves an issue where the CPU will throttle down to .4GHz, and improves battery stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 6 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 6 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 6 Update History
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- Resolve an issue where the CPU will throttle down to 0.4GHz, and improves battery stability.
- Improve camera performance, battery life while using an SD Card, and performance when resuming from sleep.View