Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 6. The latest update is available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Version 1803 or later:
The new firmware update will improves system stability. The update is listed as an “August 29 release” on the Surface Pro 6 Update History page.
Table of Contents
Changelog for August 29, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name
|Device Manager Name
|Surface – System – 126.96.36.199
|Surface Storage Firmware Update – System devices
188.8.131.52 improves system stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 6 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 6 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 6 Update History
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- Improve system stability.
- Improve camera performance, battery life while using an SD Card, and performance when resuming from sleep.View