Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (June 06, 2017) for Surface Pro 3
Microsoft is now rolling out the June update to Surface Pro 3 devices to improve battery life during sleep and PXE performance on IPv6.
The new firmware update improves battery life during sleep and PXE performance on IPv6. The update is listed as a “June 6 release” on the Surface Pro 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 06, 2017 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 06, 2017 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface Firmware 220.127.116.11||Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware
18.104.22.168 improves battery life during sleep.
|Surface Firmware 3.11.2150.0||Surface Pro UEFI
3.11.2150.0 improves PXE performance on IPv6.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 3 Update History
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Improve battery life during sleep and PXE performance on IPv6.
- Correct the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported.View
- Correct an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware.View