The new firmware update increases battery life during sleep mode and improves keyboard stability. The update is listed as a “July 21 release” on the Surface Pro 3 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for July 21, 2016 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for July 21, 2016 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|System Firmware Update 7/21/2016||Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware
v3.9.850.0 increases battery life during sleep mode and improves keyboard stability.
Surface Pro UEFI
v3.11.1450.0 improves system sleep and hibernation behavior when the battery level is low.
Surface Fingerprint Sensor
v126.96.36.199 increases fingerprint touch stability coming out of sleep.
Surface Pen Settings
v11.0.311.0 enhances pen setting driver stability.
|Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio||Realtek High-Definition Audio
v188.8.131.5242 improves the audio quality for the JAWS screen reader.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 3 Update History
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Correct the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported.View
- Correct an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware.View
- Increase battery life during sleep mode and improve keyboard stability.