The new firmware update improves battery stability for devices not in use. The update is listed as a “September 10 release” on the Surface Pro 3 Update History page.
Table of Contents
Changelog for September 10, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name
|Device Manager Name
|Surface – Firmware – 3.11.2550.0
|Surface UEFI – Firmware
3.11.2550.0 improves battery stability for devices not in use.
|Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52
|Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – Firmware
184.108.40.206 improves battery stability for devices not in use.
|Surface – System – 2.0.1350.0
|Surface Integration – System devices
2.0.1350.0 improves battery stability for devices not in use.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 3 Update History
- Improve battery stability for devices not in use.
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Correct the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported.View
- Correct an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware.View