Microsoft rolled out November 2018 firmware updates for Surface Pro 3
Microsoft is now rolling out the November 2018 update to Surface Pro 3 devices to improve system stability and help ensure that future updates go smoothly on your device.
The new firmware update improves system stability and helps ensure that future updates go smoothly on your device. The update is listed as a “November 15 release” on the Surface Pro 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for November 15, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 15, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – System – 2.0.1360.0||Surface Integration – System
2.0.1630.0 improves system stability and helps ensure that future updates go smoothly on your device.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 3 Update History
- Improve system stability and help ensure that future updates go smoothly on your device.
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Correct the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported.View
- Correct an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware.View