The new firmware update improves stability and performance when changing between power states. The update is listed as an “August 1 release” on the Surface Pro 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for August 01, 2016 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for August 01, 2016 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|System Firmware Update 8/1/2016 or System Hardware Update 8/1/2016||Surface Pro UEFI
v3.11.1550.0 improves stability and performance when changing between power states.
Surface Pen Settings
v12.0.303.1 improves system stability with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 3 Update History
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Correct the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported.View
- Correct an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware.View
- Improve stability and performance when changing between power states.
- Improve the Cortana experience on Windows 10 and stability and compatibility with external monitors and passive video adapters.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Pro 3 August 2016 update now rolling out”.