The new firmware update addresses security vulnerability, improves system stability, enables support for new docking accessories, and improves Surface Dock2 stability. The update is listed as an “August 14 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for August 14, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for August 14, 2023 Updates
Microsoft has provided a complete changelog for the latest updates, including the Windows Update and Device Manager names and versions.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Extension – 220.127.116.11||Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update – Extension|
|Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168||Microsoft Surface Thunderbolt(TM) 4 Dock Firmware Update – Firmware|
|Surface – Extension – 22.214.171.124||Microsoft Devices Telemetry Service – Extension|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
You can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center using the links below.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Addresses security vulnerability and improves system stability, enables support for new docking accessories, and improves Surface Dock2 stability.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.View