Microsoft rolled out June 2020 firmware updates for Surface Go 2
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Go 2 devices to improves pen performance when your palm is on the device.
The new firmware update will improves pen performance when your palm is on the device. The update is listed as a “June 18 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 18, 2020 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 18, 2020 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Elantech Ltd. – Firmware – 188.8.131.52||Surface Touch – Firmware||184.108.40.206
improves pen performance when your palm is on the device.
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11||Surface UEFI – Firmware||18.104.22.168
improves system stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.View
- Improves pen performance when your palm is on the device.