The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “November 11 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for November 11, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 11, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Intel – Software Component – 1.63.1155.2||Intel(R) ICLS Client – Software devices|
|Intel – System – 218.104.22.168||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.12422||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Go 2 gets new (November 11, 2022) firmware updates”.