The new firmware update will address critical security vulnerabilities. The update is listed as a “June 24 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 24, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 24, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware -126.96.36.199||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Intel – Net – 188.8.131.52||Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz – Network Adapters|
|Intel Corporation –Bluetooth – 184.108.40.206||Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) – Bluetooth|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (June 24, 2022) for Surface Go 2”.