The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service. The update is listed as a “September 09 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for September 09, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 09, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.19977||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Intel – System devices – 2188.8.131.524||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System devices|
|Intel – Software devices – 1.62.321.1||Intel(R) ICLS Client – Software devices|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392.View
- Addresses security vulnerability and improves system stability, enables support for new docking accessories, and improves Surface Dock2 stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.