The new firmware update will address the “No bootable device” startup error. The update is listed as a “September 22 release” on the Surface Go 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for September 22, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 22, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 2 Update History
- Address the "No bootable device" startup error.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves PXE boot performance and driver to support service.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (September 22, 2022) for Surface Go 2”.