Microsoft Rolled out new Firmware Updates (May 06, 2021) for Surface Book 3
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Book 3 devices to improves stability, battery health, indicators, and device reliability.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Book 3. The new update is available for Surface Book 3 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Version 1903, or later.
The new firmware update will improves stability, battery health, indicators, and device reliability. The update is listed as “May 06 release” on the Surface Book 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for May 06, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 06, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Surface – Extension – 18.104.22.168||(Surface Book Base v3 Firmware Update) – no Device Manager notes||22.214.171.124
Improves stability, battery health, indicators, and device reliability.
|Surface – Firmware – 10.312.139.0||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware||10.312.139.0
Improves stability, battery health indicators, and device reliability.
|NVIDIA – Display – 126.96.36.19940||NVIDIA GeForce GTX – Display adapters||188.8.131.5240
Addresses system bugcheck and improve graphics stability.
|Intel – Net – 184.108.40.206||Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters||220.127.116.11
Improves connection stability.
|Intel – Bluetooth – 18.104.22.168||Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth||22.214.171.124
Improves connection stability.
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface Dock Firmware Update||188.8.131.52
Improves integration between services.
|Surface – Firmware – 10.101.140.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware||10.101.140.0
Improves stability and device reliability.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Book 3 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Book 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 3 Update History
- Addresses Adobe Fresco application compatibility issue and improves graphics and system stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management.View
- Improves thermal management when using an external monitor, addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability (Intel Wi-Fi & Bluetooth), improves device reliability when waking from sleep, and enables Windows 11 feature.View
- Improves system performance and stability, improves USBC performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability.View
- Improves stability, battery health, indicators, and device reliability.