Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Book 3. The latest update is available for Surface Book 3 devices running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability. The update is listed as a “May 18 release” on the Surface Book 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for May 18, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 18, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device manager|
|Surface – Extension – 18.104.22.168||Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update – Extension|
|Intel Corporation – Bluetooth – 22.214.171.124||Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth|
|Intel – net – 126.96.36.199||Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters|
|Surface – Extension – 188.8.131.52||Microsoft Devices Telemetry Service – Extension|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Microsoft Surface Thunderbolt(TM) 4 Dock Firmware Update – Firmware|
|Surface – System – 220.127.116.11||Surface Integration Service – System devices|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Book 3 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Book 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 3 Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.
- Addresses Adobe Fresco application compatibility issue and improves graphics and system stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management.View
- Improves thermal management when using an external monitor, addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability (Intel Wi-Fi & Bluetooth), improves device reliability when waking from sleep, and enables Windows 11 feature.View
- Improves system performance and stability, improves USBC performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Book 3 May 2023 update is now available to install via Windows Update”.