Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Book 3. The latest update is available for Surface Book 3 devices running Windows 10 November 2021 Update, Version 21H2, or later.
The new firmware update addresses potential security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “September 14 release” on the Surface Book 3 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for September 14, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 14, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Book 3 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Book 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 3 Update History
- Addresses potential security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- Addresses potential security vulnerability and improves system stability and fixes speaker's audio issue.View
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Addresses Adobe Fresco application compatibility issue and improves graphics and system stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management.View
- Improves thermal management when using an external monitor, addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability (Intel Wi-Fi & Bluetooth), improves device reliability when waking from sleep, and enables Windows 11 feature.View
- Improves system performance and stability, improves USBC performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability.View