Microsoft Rolled out September 2022 Firmware Updates for Surface Book 3
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Book 3 devices to addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Book 3. The new update is available for Surface Book 3 devices running Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Version 20H1, or later.
The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management. The update is listed as “September 29 release” on the Surface Book 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for September 29, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 29, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|(13 In) Surface SMF- Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206|
|(15 in) Surface SMF- Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11|
|Intel(R) ICLS Client – Software devices||Intel – Software Component – 1.63.1155.2|
|Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices||Intel – System – 218.104.22.168|
|Surface ME – Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 13.0.2101.2|
|Surface System Aggregator – Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 10.503.139.0|
|Surface UEFI – Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Book 3 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Book 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 3 Update History
- Addresses Adobe Fresco application compatibility issue and improves graphics and system stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves device thermal management.
- Improves thermal management when using an external monitor, addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability (Intel Wi-Fi & Bluetooth), improves device reliability when waking from sleep, and enables Windows 11 feature.View
- Improves system performance and stability, improves USBC performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability.View