Can you charge Microsoft Surface Pro 3 via USB?
No, you can’t. The USB port on Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is a basic USB-A 3.0 port that supports only data transferring.
Fortunately, there is a workaround that lets you charge your Surface Pro 3 with any compatible USB-C PD charger and battery pack.
As an increasingly in USB-C with Power Delivery chargers in the market, using a USB-C to Surface Connect charging cable seems to be the best option right now for Surface users. As the Power Delivery 3.0 includes 12V and 15V in its power rules, it basically can charge all Surface devices available so far.
However, since all USB-C PD chargers weren’t made for the same purpose, here are some of our recommended chargers and cables that able to charge your Surface devices:
Here are some related questions you might want to know:
- Can you upgrade RAM on Surface Pro 3?
- Can you upgrade Surface Pro 3 SSD?
- Does Surface Pro 3 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Pro 3 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Pro 3 have Headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Pro 3 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Pro 3 keyboard backlit?
- Does Surface Pro 3 support Face Unlock?
- Is Surface Pro 3 fanless?
- What processors does Microsoft Surface Pro 3 have?
More on Surface Pro 3
Here are some related articles you might want to check out:
- The 3 easy ways to adjust screen brightness on Surface Pro
- Surface Pro 3 FAQ: Everything you need to know!
- The 6 easy ways to take a screenshot on Surface Pro in 2022
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Buyer’s Guide
- Ultimate Tips and Tricks for Mastering Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- Best Power Banks for Microsoft Surface 2022