Microsoft rolled out August 2014 firmware updates for Surface RT
Microsoft is now rolling out new firmware updates to Surface RT devices to enhance overall system stability.
The new firmware update enhances overall system stability. The update is listed as “August 2014 updates” on the Surface RT Update History page.
Changelog for August 12, 2014 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates.
- System Firmware Update – 8/12/2014
- Surface RT UEFI (v3.31.500) enhances overall system stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Swipe from the right or move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the display and select Settings.
- Select the Change PC Settings.
- Go to the Update and recovery tab. On the Windows Update page, click the Check now button.
Surface RT Update History
- Enhance overall system stability.
- Improve the experience of using a second-generation Touch and Type Surface Cover on your Surface RT running Windows RT 8.1, including touchpad performance and overall product stability.View
- Increase battery life, enhance the Windows RT 8.1 update experience, and enhance the use of Type Cover 2 or Surface Touch Cover 2.View
- Enhance stability, reliability, and the audio experience at low volumes and remove a perceived pulsing in audio volume for some content.View
- Improve the reliability of the devices waking up immediately on the first button press and improve Surface Touch and Type Cover Functionality.View
- Enhance Surface RT speaker volume, improve system stability, and enable interaction with the Trackpad Settings app for Japanese customers.View
- Resolve certain “Limited” connectivity issues, improve Wi-Fi to handle a wide range of access points, and more.View
- Improve Wi-Fi connectivity, fix volume buttons and muting issues, improve the Touch and Type Cover, and improve the performance of the trackpad.View
- Enhance the capability for handling firmware updates and resolving specific audio playback issues.View