Microsoft rolled out new June 2013 firmware updates for Surface RT
Microsoft is now rolling out new firmware updates to Surface RT devices to improve the reliability of the devices waking up immediately on the first button press and improve Surface Touch and Type Cover Functionality.
The new firmware update improves the reliability of the devices waking up immediately on the first button press and improves Surface Touch and Type Cover functionality. The update is listed as a “June 2013 update” on the Surface RT Update History page.
Changelog for June 2013 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates.
- UEFI firmware update – enhances Surface RT speaker volume and improves system stability.
- Driver pack – improves performance and works with the updated UEFI firmware to enhance Surface RT speaker volume.
- Trackpad Settings driver for Surface Type Cover – enables interaction with the Trackpad Settings app for Japanese customers.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Swipe from the right or move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the display and select Settings.
- Select the Change PC Settings.
- Go to the Update and recovery tab. On the Windows Update page, click the Check now button.
Surface RT Update History
- Improve the experience of using a second-generation Touch and Type Surface Cover on your Surface RT running Windows RT 8.1, including touchpad performance and overall product stability.View
- Increase battery life, enhance the Windows RT 8.1 update experience, and enhance the use of Type Cover 2 or Surface Touch Cover 2.View
- Enhance stability, reliability, and the audio experience at low volumes and remove a perceived pulsing in audio volume for some content.View
- Improve the reliability of the devices waking up immediately on the first button press and improve Surface Touch and Type Cover Functionality.
- Enhance Surface RT speaker volume, improve system stability, and enable interaction with the Trackpad Settings app for Japanese customers.View
- Resolve certain “Limited” connectivity issues, improve Wi-Fi to handle a wide range of access points, and more.View
- Improve Wi-Fi connectivity, fix volume buttons and muting issues, improve the Touch and Type Cover, and improve the performance of the trackpad.View
- Enhance the capability for handling firmware updates and resolving specific audio playback issues.View