Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 8. The latest update is available for Surface Pro 8 device running Windows 10 November 2021 Update, Version 21H2, or later.
The new firmware update improves device camera performance and stability and improves audio stability. The update is listed as a “November 1 release” on the Surface Pro 8 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for November 01, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 01, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Dolby – Extension – 8.605.313.22||Dolby APO SVC Device – Extension|
|Dolby – Software Component – 3.30508.581.0||Dolby APO SVC Device – Software components|
|Intel – Camera – 60.22000.5.12796||Intel(R) TGL AVStream Camera – Cameras|
|Intel – Extension – 60.22000.5.12796||Intel(R) TGL AVStream Camera – Extension|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface Camera Rear – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface Camera Front – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface IR Camera Front – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.12796||Intel(R) Control Logic – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.12796||Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor – System devices|
|Surface – Extension – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface Camera Rear – Extension|
|Surface – Extension – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface Camera Front – Extension|
|Surface – Extension – 60.22000.5.12796||Surface IR Camera Front – Extension|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 8 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 8 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 8 Update History
- This update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102, addresses intermittent Wi-Fi dropout and improves connection stability to Wi-Fi Access points, and improves Bluetooth peripheral connectivity.View
- Improves device camera performance and stability and improves audio stability.
- Addresses issue when the battery is not charging while connected to the charger, addresses issue when device may shut down when battery not fully discharged, and resolves "battery not genuine" notification.View
- Improves graphics stability and resolves graphical display issues and improves pen and touch stability.View
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Addresses system camera performance and stability, and addresses bugcheck, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and resolves display flicker issue.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves Surface Slim Pen 2 inking.View
- Enables feature support for new Surface Pen and Type Cover and improves system stability and merges support for both Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro 8 with LTE Advanced.View
- Improves new Type Cover Fingerprint login reliability, improves graphics stability and performance, improves system security, enables new Surface Pen haptics and improves inking performance, improves Thunderbolt AMD eGPU support, and improves touchscreen stability.View