Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 8. The new update is available for Surface Pro 8 devices running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update will improves new Type Cover Fingerprint login reliability, improves graphics stability and performance, improves system security, enables new Surface Pen haptics and improves inking performance, improves Thunderbolt AMD eGPU support, and improves touchscreen stability. The update is listed as “November 19 release” on the Surface Pro 8 Update History page.
- Changelog for November 19, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 19, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface Retimer – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168||Surface SMF – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124||Surface SMF – Firmware|
|Surface – Ext – 126.96.36.199||Surface – Ext – Surface Type Cover v7 Firmware Update|
|Surface – USB – 188.8.131.52||Surface Type Cover V7 Fingerprint UDE Controller – Universal Serial Bus controllers|
|Surface – Ext – 184.108.40.206||Surface Touch Pen Processor – Extension|
|Surface – System – 220.127.116.11||Surface Integration – System devices|
|Surface – Ext – 1.949.137.0||Surface G6 Touch Firmware Update – Extension|
|Intel – Display – 18.104.22.16824||Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics – Extension|
|Intel – Ext – 22.214.171.12424||Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics – Display adapters|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 8 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 8 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 8 Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Addresses system camera performance and stability, and addresses bugcheck, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and resolves display flicker issue.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves Surface Slim Pen 2 inking.View
- Enables feature support for new Surface Pen and Type Cover and improves system stability and merges support for both Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro 8 with LTE Advanced.View
- Improves new Type Cover Fingerprint login reliability, improves graphics stability and performance, improves system security, enables new Surface Pen haptics and improves inking performance, improves Thunderbolt AMD eGPU support, and improves touchscreen stability.
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Pro 8 Gets new (November 19, 2021) Firmware Updates”.