Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 8. The latest update is available for Surface Pro 8 device running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update addresses system camera performance and stability, and addresses bugcheck, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and resolves display flicker issue. The update is listed as an “April 19 release” on the Surface Pro 8 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for April 19, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for April 19, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Intel – System – 60.22000.5.9037||Intel Camera – Control Logic -System devices|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.9037||Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor -System devices|
|Intel – Camera – 60.22000.5.9037||Intel(R) TGL AVStream Camera – System devices|
|Intel – Extension – 60.22000.5.9037||Intel(R) TGL AVStream Camera – Extension|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface Camera Front – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – Extension – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface Camera Front – Extension|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface Camera Rear – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – Extension – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface Camera Rear – Extension|
|Intel Corporation – System – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface IR Camera Front – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – Extension – 60.22000.5.9037||Surface IR Camera Front – Extension|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface Touch G6 Firmware Update – Firmware|
|Surface – HIDClass – 188.8.131.52||Surface TCON device -Human Interface Devices|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 8 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 8 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 8 Update History
- Addresses issue when the battery is not charging while connected to the charger, addresses issue when device may shut down when battery not fully discharged, and resolves "battery not genuine" notification.View
- Improves graphics stability and resolves graphical display issues and improves pen and touch stability.View
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Addresses system camera performance and stability, and addresses bugcheck, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and resolves display flicker issue.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves Surface Slim Pen 2 inking.View
- Enables feature support for new Surface Pen and Type Cover and improves system stability and merges support for both Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro 8 with LTE Advanced.View
- Improves new Type Cover Fingerprint login reliability, improves graphics stability and performance, improves system security, enables new Surface Pen haptics and improves inking performance, improves Thunderbolt AMD eGPU support, and improves touchscreen stability.View