Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 8. The latest update is available for Surface Pro 8 device running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update addresses security vulnerability and improves system stability and performance. The update is listed as a “January 5 release” on the Surface Pro 8 Update History page.
- Changelog for January 05, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for January 05, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – USB – 184.108.40.206||Surface Type Cover V7 Fingerprint UDE Controller – Universal Serial Bus controllers|
|Surface – Extension – 220.127.116.11||Surface Type Cover V7 Fingerprint UDE Controller – Extension|
|Realtek – Media – 6.0.9320.5||Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) – Sound, video and game controllers|
|Surface – System – 18.104.22.168||Surface Integration – System devices|
|Dolby – SoftwareComponent – 3.30400.413.0||Dolby APO SWC Device – Software component|
|Intel(R) Corporation – Media – 10.29.0.7919||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (SST) USB – Sound, video and game controllers|
|Intel – System – 10.29.0.7919||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (SST) OED – System devices|
|Intel(R) Corporation – Media – 10.29.0.7919||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (SST) for Bluetooth Audio – Sound, video and game controllers|
|Intel – System – 10.29.0.7919||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (SST) Audio Controller – System devices|
|Dolby – Extension – 7.811.332.53||Dolby – Extension|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware|
|Elan – Biometric – 4.15.12412.20015||ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor – Biometric devices|
|Dolby – SoftwareComponent- 3.30201.210.0||DolbyAPO Software Device (HAS) – Software component|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 8 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 8 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 8 Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Addresses system camera performance and stability, and addresses bugcheck, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and resolves display flicker issue.View
- Address security vulnerability and improves system stability and performance.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and improves Surface Slim Pen 2 inking.View
- Enables feature support for new Surface Pen and Type Cover and improves system stability and merges support for both Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro 8 with LTE Advanced.View
- Improves new Type Cover Fingerprint login reliability, improves graphics stability and performance, improves system security, enables new Surface Pen haptics and improves inking performance, improves Thunderbolt AMD eGPU support, and improves touchscreen stability.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (January 05, 2023) for Surface Pro 8”.