Surface Laptop recieves new (May 06, 2021) firmware updates
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Laptop devices to improves device stability.
The new firmware update improves device stability. The update is listed as a “May 06 release” on the Surface Laptop Update History page.
- Changelog for May 06, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 06, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Surface – Firmware – 138.3681.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware||138.3681.768.0
Improves device stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Update History
- Improves device stability.
- 137.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 126.96.36.199 ensures reliability of Pen top button click on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 10 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 188.8.131.52 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809)View
- 136.1932.789.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.View