Surface Laptop gets new (November 19, 2021) firmware updates
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Laptop devices to addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
The new firmware update addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “November 19 release” on the Surface Laptop Update History page.
- Changelog for November 19, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 19, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History||Device Manager|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.17022.122||Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.17022.122||Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- 137.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 22.214.171.124 ensures reliability of Pen top button click on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 10 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 126.96.36.199 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809)View
- 136.1932.789.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.View