Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (March 28, 2019) for Surface Laptop
Microsoft is now rolling out the March update to Surface Laptop devices to 188.8.131.52 improves device stability.
The new firmware update 184.108.40.206 improves device stability. The update is listed as a “March 28 release” on the Surface Laptop Update History page.
- Changelog for March 28, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for March 28, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – System – 220.127.116.11||Surface Intersil Ambient Light Sensor (HID) – System devices
18.104.22.168 improves device stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Update History
- 137.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 22.214.171.124 improves device stability.
- 126.96.36.199 ensures reliability of Pen top button click on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 10 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 188.8.131.52 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809)View
- 136.1932.789.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.View