Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Studio. The new update is available for Surface Laptop Studio devices running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update will enables new Voice Clarity feature (only available on Windows 11), improves Touchpad response and reliability, and improves device audio performance and stability. The update is listed as “April 18 release” on the Surface Laptop Studio Update History page.
- Changelog for April 18, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for April 18, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Dolby – Extension – 6.824.530.37||Dolby Device Extension – Extension|
|Dolby – SoftwareComponent – 3.30100.101.0||DolbyAPO Software Device – Software components|
|Dolby – SoftwareComponent – 3.30100.124.0||DolbyAPO SWC Device – Software components|
|Realtek Semiconductor Corp – Extension – 10.0.245.8||Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) OED Libraries Extension|
|Intel(R) Corporation – Media – 10.29.0.6367||Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio – Sound, video, and game controllers|
|Intel(R) Corporation – System – 10.29.0.6367||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices|
|Intel(R) Corporation – System – 10.29.0.6367||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – System devices|
|Surface – Extension – 1.0.21327.77||Microsoft Surface AEC APO – Extension|
|Realtek Semiconductor Corp – Media – 6.0.9243.5||Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) – Sound, video, and game controllers|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface Touchpad – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Studio didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Laptop Studio from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Studio Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Studio Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Pen inking experience.View
- Improves device stability, reliability, and addresses system bugcheck and resolves Japanese IME keyboard issue.View
- Improves system graphics stability and enables Dynamic Refresh rate for Windows 11, improves touch experience, and improves performance and stability of Surface Dock and Pen.View
- Enables new Voice Clarity feature (only available on Windows 11), improves Touchpad response and reliability, and improves device audio performance and stability.
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Microsoft Rolled out April 2022 Firmware Updates for Surface Laptop Studio”.