Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Studio. The latest update is available for Surface Laptop Studio devices running Windows 10 November 2021 Update, Version 21H2, or later.
The new firmware update improves audio stability and this update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102. The update is listed as an “October 24 release” on the Surface Laptop Studio Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for October 24, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for October 24, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Dolby – Software Component – 3.30201.210.0||Dolby APO Software Device (HSA) – Software components|
|Dolby – Software Component – 3.30508.581.0||Dolby APO SWC Device – Software components|
|Intel – Software Component – 1.66.712.0||Intel(R) iCLS Client – Software components|
|Intel – System – 2251.4.2.0||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System devices|
|Dolby – Extension – 8.605.313.22||Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) – Extension|
|Surface – Firmware – 15.0.2411.5||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Surface – System – 22.214.171.124||Surface Radio Monitor – System devices|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Studio didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Laptop Studio from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Studio Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Studio Update History
- Improves audio stability and this update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102.
- Addresses issue when the battery is not charging while connected to the charger, improves Wi-Fi performance and stability, addresses issue when device may shut down when battery not fully discharged, and more.View
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Pen inking experience.View
- Improves device stability, reliability, and addresses system bugcheck and resolves Japanese IME keyboard issue.View
- Improves system graphics stability and enables Dynamic Refresh rate for Windows 11, improves touch experience, and improves performance and stability of Surface Dock and Pen.View
- Enables new Voice Clarity feature (only available on Windows 11), improves Touchpad response and reliability, and improves device audio performance and stability.View