Does Surface Laptop 5 support USB-C charging capability?
Yes, you can. The USB-C with Thunderbolt 4.0 port on Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 does support power delivery PD charging along with data transfer and video out capability. It supports USB Power Delivery revision 3.0, which supports four different power rules (5v, 9v, 15v, and 20v) with the ability to supply power up to 100W.
For more information, check our USB-C charging testing for Surface Laptop 3, which also has a USB-C with PD 3.0 support. We tried all three charging protocols, including the standard USB charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge, and Power Delivery.
Here are some related questions you might want to know:
More on Surface Laptop 5
Here are some related articles you might want to check out:
- Best Surface Laptop 1-5 Cases and Sleeves in 2023
- How to Enable Battery Limit Feature on Microsoft Surface
- How to Properly Shut Down a Surface Laptop
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 Specs – Full Technical Specifications
- How to Boot Surface Laptop from A USB Drive
- Surface Laptop USB-C Charging: We tested all chargers we have
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Can you charge Surface Laptop 5 via USB-C?”.