There are many ways to shut down or turn off your Surface Laptop when you finished your work and you want to make sure that your laptop is completely turned off without draining more battery. It’s also a good idea to restart your laptop once a week to make sure your laptop can install any pending updates and refresh your system memory to improve your laptop’s performance.
Today we will show you the two common methods to properly shut down your Surface Laptop:
Table of contents
- Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Laptop?
- How to shut down your Surface Laptop via Start Menu?
- How to shut down your Surface Laptop via Power Button?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your :
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows updates.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device from overheating when keeping in the bag.
To shut down your Surface Laptop via Start Menu, do the following:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Laptop via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.