Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Laptop?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Laptop:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
How to shut down your Surface Laptop via Start Menu?
To shut down your Surface Laptop via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
How to shut down your Surface Laptop via Power Button?
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Laptop via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Here are some more related Surface Laptop questions:
More on Surface Laptop
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Check Your Surface Warranty Status
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2 Specs – Full Technical Specifications
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio Specs – Full Technical Specifications
- Best Monitors for Microsoft Surface 2022
- How To Boot Surface Laptop 1-4 From A USB Drive
- Best Keyboards for Microsoft Surface 2022