Can you replace the SSD on Microsoft Surface Laptop 5?
Technically Yes! all Surface Laptop 5 models including 13-inch and 15-inch models come with a replaceable M.2 2230 rSSD (removable SSD). It allows you to easily swap or upgrade the SSD to a bigger and faster one in the future.
How to replace the SSD on Microsoft Surface Laptop 5?
To remove or replace the SSD on Surface Laptop 5, do the following:
- Remove the laptop feet.
- Remove the screw under each laptop’s feet.
- Separate the keyboard from the base.
- You will see the SSD and M.2 slot right under the keyboard. From here, you can use a Torx screwdriver to remove the screw and remove the SSD.
For complete instructions to properly replace an SSD on your Surface Laptop 5, check the following repair video from Microsoft.
- Can you charge Surface Laptop 5 via USB-C?
- Can you upgrade RAM on Surface Laptop 5?
- Does Surface Laptop 5 have Face Unlock?
- Does Surface Laptop 5 have headphone jack?
- Does Surface Laptop 5 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Laptop 5 Support eGPU?
- Does the Surface Laptop 5 have a backlit keyboard?
- How long will the Surface Laptop 5 be supported?
- Is Surface Laptop 5 fanless?
- Surface Laptop 5 for consumer vs. Surface Laptop 5 for business
More on Surface Laptop 5
Here are all the recent related articles you might want to check out:
- Best Surface Laptop 1-5 Cases and Sleeves in 2023
- How to Enable Battery Limit Feature on Microsoft Surface
- How to Properly Shut Down a Surface Laptop
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 Specs – Full Technical Specifications
- How to Boot Surface Laptop from A USB Drive
- Surface Laptop USB-C Charging: We tested all chargers we have
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Can you upgrade SSD on Surface Laptop 5?”.