The new firmware update will 10.25.0.10 improves system stability. The update is listed as a “February 19 release” on the Surface Go Update History page.
- Changelog for February 19, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for February 19, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – System – 18.104.22.168||Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices
22.214.171.124 resolves intermittent Pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.
|Surface – HIDClass – 126.96.36.199||Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices
188.8.131.52 enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface UEFI – Firmware
220.127.116.11 improves system stability.
|Surface – System – 18.104.22.168||Surface CIF Device – System devices
22.214.171.124 improves compatibility with Windows 10 S mode.
|Qualcomm Atheros Communications – Bluetooth – 10.0.0.709||Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.1 – Bluetooth
10.0.0.709 improves wireless security and adds support for Bluetooth quick pairing.
|Qualcomm Atheros Communications – Net – 126.96.36.1992||Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter– Network adapters
188.8.131.522 improves wireless security and Miracast support.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go WiFi
- Surface Go with LTE
Surface Go Update History
- Improve battery Smart Charging reliability, camera experience, and Surface Dock 2 reliability, and facilitates power and thermal-related data analysis.View
- Resolves intermittent Pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 184.108.40.206 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- Improves display calibration addressing incorrect power setting behaviors associated with Windows 10 October 2018 Update.View
- 10.25.0.10 improves system stability.
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Go gets new (February 19, 2018) firmware updates”.