The new firmware update resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013. The update is listed as a “July 23 release” on the Surface Go Update History page.
- Changelog for July 23, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for July 23, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
Windows Update History Name
Device Manager Name
Version and Update
Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168
Surface UEFI – Firmware
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go WiFi
- Surface Go with LTE
Surface Go Update History
- Improve battery Smart Charging reliability, camera experience, and Surface Dock 2 reliability, and facilitates power and thermal-related data analysis.View
- Resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.
- Resolves intermittent Pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 22.214.171.124 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- Improves display calibration addressing incorrect power setting behaviors associated with Windows 10 October 2018 Update.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Go July 2019 update is now available to install via Windows Update”.